Sunday, April 5, 2020

Monday April 6, 2020 E is for Egret


 

2020 A to Z Challenge!
E is for Egret!


Among the most elegant of the herons, the slender Snowy Egret sets off immaculate white plumage with black legs and brilliant yellow feet. Those feet seem to play a role in stirring up or herding small aquatic animals as the egret forages. Breeding Snowy Egrets grow filmy, curving plumes that once fetched astronomical prices in the fashion industry, endangering the species. Early conservationists rallied to protect egrets by the early twentieth century, and this species is once again a common sight in shallow coastal wetlands. 
Male and female Snowy Egrets take turns incubating their eggs. As one mate takes over for the other, it sometimes presents a stick, almost as if passing a baton. Both parents continue caring for the young when they hatch.
Go to this link to hear their sounds:
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Snowy_Egret/sounds
Enjoy your day!
~~~~

19 comments:

  1. We have egrets, they always elicit a smile when we drive past them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have egrets around here in Michigan. I never noticed they have bright yellow feet. It's like they are wearing yellow galoshes in the water.

    msjadeli@tao-talk.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egrets always seem so royal!

    Happy Blogging :)
    E is for Evidence
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/2020/04/06/evidence/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome bird and oh those feet...there are several birds with colored feet..there is one with blue feet...wouldn't that be fun..
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, flashy new blog. Are you trying to get as many blogs as I have? I will hang your shingle on the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is some fancy bird, really all fancified!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bird, and I love the egg-sitting equality. Passing a stick is a delightful quirk I'd love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely bird!
    Sonia from https://soniadogra.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tease me until I’m begging for it Hey, i am looking for an online sex partner ;) Click on my boobs if you are interested (. )( .)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m in my bed, you’re in yours. One of us is obviously in the wrong place. Click here and Check me out i am getting naked here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want you, all of you. I want to feel you inside me, deep inside me. I want you to tell me when you’re going to cum, hear you moan my name and fuck me harder. Click here and Check me out i am getting naked here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admit, I have a tremendous sex drive. My boyfriend lives forty miles away. Click here and Check me out i am getting naked here ;)

    ReplyDelete