Friday, April 17, 2020

Saturday April 18, 2020 P is for Penguin!

2020 A to Z Challenge!
P is for Penguin!
Photos were taken by me in 2008 while
touring Punta Arenas.




They just marched along the path.


And gathered together at the edge of the sea.



Penguins are a group of aquatic flightless birds. They live almost exclusively in the Southern Hemisphere, with only one species, the Galápagos penguin, found north of the equator. Highly adapted for life in the water, penguins have counter shaded dark and white plumage and flippers for swimming.  
Wikipedia provided this information.
Have a superb day! 
~~~~~

11 comments:

  1. I love penguins! When I was a kid I watched documentaries of them for hours on end.

    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love penguins? I have seen them in zoos but would love to see them in their natural habitat.
    Not So Sweet Toffee
    That's Purrfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute penguins! Wow, you traveled until Cap Horn, hard but pretty place!
    P is for Pojagi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just occurred to me that whilst it's one of the most familiar birds, I never actually seen one!

    P is for ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen penguins in zoos, but have never traveled anywhere they naturally live. When my kids were little, and home schooled, we did a unit on penguins. They were amazed some were taller than they were!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love penguins!
    There are soo many movies revolving around them: Mr.Popper's Penguins, the Madagascar series.. the spin off- containing only these animals!

    P is for Paranoia
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/2020/04/18/paranoia/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, a big favorite. You cannot help but love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. IIRC, father's keep the eggs and the babies warm, which makes me love penguins. When I see them sliding on ice on their bellies I know they are gentle creatures.

    ReplyDelete